SER’s YouthBuild program follows the established national YouthBuild model and integrates individualized GED instruction with hands-on construction training, both of which lead to credentials that increase employability. The program also develops the youth’s leadership skills and readiness for post-secondary training opportunities and the workplace through a combination of service learning projects, career development training and exploration activities, and the-construction worksite component. Participants will make a tangible, positive impact in their community by building affordable housing for residents in need. This experience builds their confidence and sense of commitment to the community, while developing the inter-personal and “soft” skills that they need to be successful.
- Intensive six-month program
- Scheduled Monday-Friday | Virtual-hybrid program flexibility
- Construction skills training with certifications and a focus on Apprenticeship Readiness, RRP, MC3 ,OSHA, and more.
- IT Certifications track option including Microsoft Office, A+, Security+, Cisco, Adobe, and more
- Hands-on training
- Work experience
- Leadership development and community service-learning
- Career exploration & development
- GED option and volunteering experience
- Increased employability
- Development of skills needed to enroll into credit-bearing college level courses or apprenticeship programs
- Development of critical communication and networking skills
- Understanding the importance of social impact through civic engagement