SER’s YouthBuild program follows the established national YouthBuild model and integrates individualized GED instruction with hands-on construction training, both of which lead to credentials that increase employability. The program also develops the youth’s leadership skills and readiness for post-secondary training opportunities and the workplace through a combination of service learning projects, career development training and exploration activities, and the-construction worksite component. Participants will make a tangible, positive impact in their community by building affordable housing for residents in need. This experience builds their confidence and sense of commitment to the community, while developing the inter-personal and “soft” skills that they need to be successful.
- Intensive six-month program
- Scheduled Monday-Friday | Virtual-hybrid program flexibility
- Construction skills training with certifications and a focus on Apprenticeship Readiness, RRP, MC3 ,OSHA, and more.
- IT Certifications track option including Microsoft Office, A+, Security+, Cisco, Adobe, and more
- Hands-on training
- Work experience
- Leadership development and community service-learning
- Career exploration & development
- GED option and volunteering experience
- Increased employability
- Development of skills needed to enroll into credit-bearing college level courses or apprenticeship programs
- Development of critical communication and networking skills
- Understanding the importance of social impact through civic engagement
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.