JOB TITLE: Outreach Specialist
DIVISION: Youth Services
REPORTS TO: Lead Program Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular
APPROVED DATE: 5/11/2022
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for outreach, recruitment and assessments of applicants for youth programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains relationships with representatives of the community, educational institutions and other Youth stakeholder groups.
- Develops relationships with community leaders and serves as the organization’s liaison with various constituents.
- Attends public/community events, career and job fairs to promote Youth initiatives.
- Assists with the implementation of a strategic outreach plan, conducts ground-level community outreach activities and assists in communicating Youth services and program requirements to potential referral sources.
- Uses various forms of media to promote Youth services including the Internet and social media, print and electronic.
- Keeps abreast of referral partner’s satisfaction and needs through regular communication.
- Prepares regular written reports of outreach and recruitment activities.
- Inputs all recruitment information and programming into youth data systems.
- Reports matters of concern to supervisor.
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
- High school degree or equivalent.
- One to two years of experience in recruitment, employment, training, marketing or a related field.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for marketing and promoting products and/or services.
- Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish or English/Arabic preferred.
- Computer skills necessary to effectively maintain a database and generate reports. Must be proficient in the software needed to produce marketing and recruitment materials.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff, participants and partner agencies.
- Mental ability to handle pressures related to multiple individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation in order to make required home visits and travel to off-site locations.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (evenings/weekends).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is partially active role and the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and frequently use hands and to talk or hear. Some sedentary work and filing may be required. This would require the ability to sit for extended period of time, lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- In order to be considered for this position, applicants must visit www.sermetro.org/apply