JOB TITLE: Tutor
DIVISION: Youth Services
DEPARTMENT: SER Learning Academy
LOCATION: East Side/Samaritan
REPORTS TO: Youth Education Services Manager / Principal
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time 20 – 25 Hours, temporary
APPROVED DATE 7/28/2021
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in facilitating instruction to students participating in an alternative high school, in a non-traditional classroom setting. Tutor students and assist them with computer-based programs to strengthen their skills, primarily in math. Assist instructor with clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and academic achievement.
- Assists with maintaining a blended classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and individual academic level of the students.
- Follows the Distance Learning platform and computer lab policies while adhering to Hazel Park Alternative Education Regulations.
- Assists with maintaining the computer lab, while assisting with teaching and monitoring classes using a variety of instructional strategies and materials.
- Assists with computer lab class signage, assists with student sign-on, assists instructor with lessons and tutoring.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, colleagues, and parents concerning both academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
- Works cooperatively and in concert with other colleagues to advance a seamless, responsive and effective education environment for students.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with students, parents and school personnel.
- Report incidents regarding violence, vandalism, attendance and discipline matters to Site Administrator.
- Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
- Associate’s degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- One-year experience in adult education, and/or teaching, facilitating, counseling, training youth or equivalent training preferred.
- Strong math abilities and tutoring experience in the subject of math preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff, and students.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to interact with students, parents and staff in a positive and productive manner.
- Ability to effectively educate and work with students from varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing may be required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please visit www.sermetro.org/apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com