JOB TITLE: Financial Coach (Bilingual)
DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: Center for Working Families (CWF)
LOCATION: 9301 Michigan Avenue
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular
APPROVED DATE: 6/18/2021
JOB SUMMARY: The Bilingual Financial Coach will provide low to moderate income eligible families in the SER Center for Working Families with financial advice/coaching that will contribute to the financial stability and asset building capabilities of each family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitates financial education workshops such as money management, credit, banking, mortgage loans, buying a home, and avoiding predatory lenders.
2. Conducts intake for participants seeking financial counseling assistance.
3. Conducts individual counseling on topics such as credit and debt management, savings, budgeting, special assistance programs for homeownership, foreclosure intervention, and other topics as appropriate.
4. Assists the participant to develop a personal financial plan to meet their financial goals.
5. Exposes participants to financial products and services such as check cashing alternatives, flexible financial product and affordable housing products.
6. Assists the participant in devising a debt liquidation plan that includes payoff priorities and timelines.
7. Provides information on Individual Development Accounts (IDAs) and assists with the application process.
8. Maintains follow-up contact with participant on matters discussed in counseling session.
9. Refers participant to community or financial agencies to obtain services outlined in financial plan.
10. Creates and maintain partnerships with financial institutions, real estate agencies, lending institutions, financial industry professionals, and community-based organizations.
11. Maintains program database including data collection, input and program reporting.
12. Represents the organization in various community forums and conducts program presentations.
13. Performs other duties that will contribute to the program’s team effort
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or other related field.
2. Two to four years of related experience in personal financial education, homebuyer education, and/or foreclosure intervention counseling preferred.
3. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish required.
4. Strong Interpersonal skills.
5. Certified Financial Planner preferred.
6. Mental ability to handle pressures related to dealing with multiple individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of need.
7. Valid Michigan Driver’s License. Incumbent must have a reliable means of transportation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Occasional lifting and moving of materials as needed. Some walking and standing may be required for an extended period.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please visit www.sermetro.org/apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com