JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance/Data Specialist
DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: Detroit at Work Career Center
LOCATION: 9301 Michigan Avenue
REPORTS TO: Career Center Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular
APPROVED DATE: 7/22/2022
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for quality assurance and data validation for Career Center programs. Maintains accurate and up-to-date program performance data systems and ensures that the Centers are contract compliant with local, state and federal regulations governing program activity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts internal audits and quality assurance procedures.
- Coordinates and organizes Data Validation and Internal Controls files to ensure compliance and coordinates state and programmatic review of files.
- Compiles program statistics and performance data and prepares related reports for submission as required.
- Reconciles and validates reports with related data files and systems; reports errors and corrections to management.
- Assists in evaluating current procedures and practices for accomplishing program objectives. Develops and recommends alternative methods for performance improvement.
- Actively participates in the update and maintenance of accurate electronic, internal and external reporting systems to track program performance and individual status of program participants.
- Provides guidance to staff for accurate interpretation and implementation of service delivery reporting policy and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of the statement of work and performance goals. Facilitates compliance with contract provision for funding source.
- Works with management to establish standards of excellence using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Ensures files are maintained and provides technical assistance.
- Identifies best practices and communicates findings to management.
- Communicates with staff and partner agencies to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of participation activity.
- Identifies, develops and shares resources and information to be used to support operations.
- Conducts follow-up alignment with established benchmarks for each project. Determines attainment of goals and recommends additional action plans when appropriate.
- Enters participant activity and other data into the One Stop Management Information System (OSMIS) and internal reporting system; ensures accuracy of data entered. Communicates with staff, partner agencies and the Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) to share and/or request participant information.
- Verifies participant registration and other data in OSMIS. Communicates with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and funding sources to share and/or request participant information.
- Participates in the maintenance of an up-to-date automated reporting system to track program participation hours/program completion and placement status of program participants.
- Supports the Career Center Manager to ensure seamless operation of Career Center management information and filing systems according to policies and procedures established by Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation.
- Monitors and completes internal audits of participant files for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides on-going technical assistance to staff as needed.
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or combination of work and education. Experience in workforce development programs preferred.
- Two to three years of relevant work experience in auditing and/or data management.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations affecting WIOA/PATH program operations.
- Knowledge of local workforce development databases including OSMIS and LaunchPad application preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Computer skills necessary to effectively maintain a database and generate reports.
- Analytical ability to identify and resolve reporting errors.
- Knowledge of business practices, administrative procedures and personnel development.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish or English/Arabic are preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with staff and partner agencies.
- Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines and performing repetitive tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail.
- Physical ability to frequently sit at a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time when entering data.
- Must possess and provide a valid Michigan Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and have access to reliable transportation to commute to various locations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. Occasional lifting and moving of materials as needed. Some walking and standing may be required for an extended period.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust, and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. — The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Apply now! Visit: sermetro.org/apply to be considered for this position.