JOB TITLE: Accounting Specialist (Accounts Payable)
LOCATION: SER Workforce Center (Stecker) – 5200 Stecker, Dearborn MI 48216
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt/Salary
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Regular
APPROVED DATE: 10/05/2021
JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety accounting tasks involved in the processing of accounts payable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to the mission of SER Metro-Detroit and Subsidiaries.
- Maintains Vendor Accounts, ensuring timely and accurate payment of all company obligations.
- Performs a variety of accounting tasks involved in the processing of accounts payable. Duties included but not limited to coding, data entry, and cutting checks. Ensuring inclusion of necessary documentation, posting of information to the general ledger and generating of required reports.
- Reconciles assigned accounts; troubleshoots and resolves reconciliation problems.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information from employees and/or vendors; conducts research as needed.
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
- Associate’s degree in accounting or related field.
- More than 3 years’ experience in accounts payable and clerical accounting experience in a related field.
- Skills necessary to effectively coordinate and review their work.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Computer skills necessary to maintain accounts payable records and produce related reports with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Interpersonal skills necessary to request and provide information to employees and business representatives.
- Analytical ability to detect and resolve errors in accounts payable.
- Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines, completing tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail and dealing with confidential and/or highly sensitive issues.
- Physical ability to occasionally sit in one position for extended periods of time when data entering information.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as evening and/or weekend work hours may be occasionally required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and provide automobile liability insurance.
- Must have access to reliable transportation in order to travel within service area.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Must have physical ability to occasionally sit in one position for extended periods of time when data entering information. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, stand or walk as necessary. Employee must be able to drive for extended periods of time. Employees must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Fast paced, mentally demanding and will be in constant communications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Apply now! Visit: sermetro.org/apply to be considered for this position.