Bridges to Career Opportunities
SER Bridges to Career Opportunities
* Stipend Provided (Depending upon funding)
The Bridges to Career Opportunities Program is a free eight-week Apprenticeship Readiness Training Program licensed by the State of Michigan. The curriculum is designed to prepare students for a career in construction trades or any apprenticeship.
The SER Bridges to Career Opportunities Program will provide expanded contextualized bridge programming and related service enhancements that will assist participants to acquire the academic and work readiness skills necessary to enter into apprenticeships and employment that will lead to career ladder opportunities within the Building Trades. Participants who enroll into the SER Bridges to Career Opportunities Program will receive the basic education, literacy, academic instruction and work readiness training necessary to enter directly into career pathways within the construction industry or to apply for entry into apprenticeship opportunities with SER’s extensive network of labor partners.
The program will focus on:
- Applied Math and Reading
- Overview of Building Trades and Labor History
- Essential Soft Employment Skills
- M.U.S.T. registered (Management & Unions Serving Together)
- OSHA 30 Certification (30 hours)
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- Transportation Assistance
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- Capstone (hands-on) project
Schedule and Location:
Training is offered Monday-Friday at SER’s Workforce Center from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Orientations are offered every Tuesday & Thursday at 9:00 AM or 1:30 PM.
*Training stipend is provided based off attendance and program completion.
- Detroit resident
- 18 years old or older
- Unemployed or under-employed
- High School Diploma/GED
- 8th grade reading/math level (determined by CASAS assessment)