SER LEARNING ACADEMY
School Year 2015-2016
- The school number is 313-701-0307. Please call this number for questions, information, or to report absences or tardiness.
- The school fax number is 313-584-4806. Please make faxes to the attention of SER Learning Academy, Attn: Ms. Maria Jaramillo
- Semester 1 starts on Monday, September 08, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. SHARP and will end on January 15, 2016. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for those who may need to arrive early. Late arrivals, unless there is an unusual circumstance or we receive a call prior to arriving, will not be allowed to enter class until next period/track.
- 1st Track hours: 8:00 a.m. – 9:25 a.m.
- 2nd Track hours: 9:30 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
- 3rd Track hours: 11:00 a.m. – 12:25 p.m.LUNCH: 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 4th Track Hours: 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Semester 2 will begin on January 19, 2016, and will end for the school year on May 26, 2016.
- Semester 1 & 2 school session is from 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Arriving late and/or leaving early will count as an absence for specific class /track without principal’s prior acknowledgement. (If you miss 7 days per term without communication, you will be dropped.)
- Lunch is from 12:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. This is your only break and the only time you may use the vending machine. Late arrivals (not inside classroom) after 12:35 p.m. will be sent home for the remainder of the day.
- No food or drinks are allowed in any classroom, except for closed containers that are being saved for lunch. You will be asked to throw away any open and/or visible food or drink.
- Under no circumstances are students to use their cell phones during class time. Students that need to make an “emergency” phone call can do so in a staff office. If there is a family emergency, please give family members the school’s phone number to call and someone will have you step out of class.
- All Hazel Park Adult Education rules and regulations will be strictly enforced. You are here to learn and ultimately to graduate with a high school diploma. We will do all we can to help you toward that goal. Please communicate with us. We can’t help you if we don’t know what is wrong!
Site Administrator, Mrs. Margrit Allen (313) 701-0307